An Atari ST YM2149 chip tracker
maxYMiser F.A.Q.Why was maxYMiser created?
Existing Atari ST chip trackers were good, but each of them sucked in some way, and did not give the low level control or FastTracker 2 like editing features I wanted.
What kind of Atari do I need?
A ST, STF, STFM, Mega ST, STe, MegaSTe, TT, or Falcon etc.
What kind of Atari would be best?
An STe, MegaSTe, TT, or Falcon with 2Mb+ RAM .
What features does maxYMiser include?
- Advanced YM2149 sound engine supporting 68000 -> 68060 processors
- Familiar FastTracker 2 style editing facilities and shortcuts
- 2 effect columns
- Volume column
- User adjustable SID waveform
- Selectable 5 channel MIDI input with program change, MIDI clock slave and drum pad support
- Demo syncronisation and dynamic timer allocation via tracker commands
- Any replay rate between 50hz and 200hz
- Online help and command reference
- Customisable user interface
- Redundant data removal tools
- ICE algorithm packer
- All instrument parameters modifiable via tracker commands
- Super-stable 60hz and 70hz refresh rates
- SPDIF and internal speaker toggle (Falcon only)
- 3 channels of YM sound chip sound
- 2 channels of DMA sample sound
- Real-time resequencing possibilities for jamming and live performance
- Autoloading for screenless operation
- Microwire support for bass, treble, panning and master volume control
- Minimalist sample editor including unique 'YMise' function
- Unfortunately, there's not enough space on the internet to list every feature.
Wow! So, does maxYMiser include a manual?
Yes, please read it ;)
But I have a PC...
But I have a Mac/other weird box...
It sounds different on an emulator compared to real Atari hardware?
Certainly, but as emulators improve, this will change
Will you support monochrome monitors?
Yes! They are supported :)
What are the licensing conditions for maxYMiser?
maxYMiser is FREE, but if you make music or sounds with this software which are released either in any kind of commercial or non-commercial way, you should mention somehow that you used maxYMiser in its production. In case you wonder - this is serious.
maxYMiser maybe distributed freely, but only with all documents and other associated files. None of the files may be modified in any way.
maxYMiser comes with no warranty of any kind: It may very well trash your machine/files/music etc etc.
How can I DJ maxYMiser songs?
With this software, also by gwEm.
What file formats does maxYMiser support?
Internal format files are supported for song, voice set and instrument data. In addition the popular SNDH v2 Atari ST music format is supported. 8bit signed sample import is also available.
How do I do thing xyz???
Will there be new versions of maxYMiser?
Certainly... to ensure this Email me feedback.
Does maxYMiser have any bugs?
I guess there's some ;) Email me bug reports, but read the manual first, maybe its not a bug after all.
- YM Rockerz - Atari ST music disks of quality