Little Sound DJ Pitch Control
Want to use the live capabilities of Little Sound DJ to enhance your DJ set? With the LSdj Pitch Control you can do it! The pitch control allows the user to adjust the tempo of LSdj by hand - to a great degree of precision.
You can make beats on the LSdj using the built in drum samples, or with your own sounds, and sequence them live over the top of your DJ set.
The box has just three controls - coarse and fine control for speed and a start/stop toggle switch. It is therefore very simple to use.
The pitch control is simple and cheap to make, even more simple than my LSdj MIDI interface. It only needs a handful of easy to get hold of components.
You get a very wide range of tempos allowing the mixing of the slowest R&B to the most crazy gabba beats.
Convinced....? Check out this info!
- Make some beats
- At your gig plug your gameboy into a spare line channel on the DJ mixer
- Go into the config menu and set the LSdj synchronisation option to 'MIDI'
- Set a record playing
- Adjust the coarse and fine pitch controls to roughly where you think they should be
- Go into the live performance mode on your gameboy
- Select the first pattern you want to play
In order to use the pitch control:
- Make sure the pitch control in not running and press 'start' on your gameboy.
- gameboy says 'wait'
- At the right moment switch the pitch control switch to run! the beats will start.
- gameboy says 'sync'!!
Of course the speed is wrong:
When you have everything in time you can do some sequencing and beat dropping!
- If it is close you can work with the fine tempo control to bring the beats in line
- If it is wrong then stop the pitch control from running and adjust the coarse tempo control closer and try again (depending on your LSdj version you may or may not need to press start again).
Back to main page